Week 29 Videogame Charts
Published in Charts | 23 Jul 2012
Videogame charts for the week ending 21 July 2012.
• Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – Warner Bros. Interactive
• London 2012: The Official Video Game – Sega
• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – Ubisoft
• The Amazing Spider-Man – Activision Blizzard
• Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Activision Blizzard
• Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance – Nintendo
• Batman: Arkham City – Warner Bros. Interactive
• Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games – Sega
• Max Payne 3 – Take 2
• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Bethesda Softworks
More Lego this week and a slight resurgence for Arkham City, no doubt thanks to Mr. Nolan and his wonderful film.
Appealing to both adults and children is a valuable commodity for a superhero (you could almost call it a superpower… but not really) and there are few who can pull it off with any deftness of touch. This new colder, harsher Batman has come as a phenomenon that has not really been replicated in the traditional movie tie-in way.
None were as shocked as I to find out that the Arkham Asylum would be based upon the comic series as opposed to the immensely popular film franchise. Even now as The Dark Knight Rises breaks all sorts of box office records there hasn’t even been an attempt at a crossover videogame.
I’d like to think that the videogame industry decided to leave well alone lest they sully an otherwise brilliant trilogy…
… yeah, right.
Chart positions courtesy of UKIE.org.uk